Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Birds at Clark Wright CA in Strathroy

There were lots of spring birds this afternoon including FOY Common Grackles, Red-winged Blackbirds and Tree Sparrows.  A hooded merganser swimming around the side pond was a surprise.  I even saw two frogs and heard an unknown sound that sounded like an amphibian call coming from the front pond. The rain tomorrow should bring more activity.

Almost forgot to mention: I also heard a Killdeer.

Clockwise from top left: Grackle, Red-winged Blackbird, Song Sparrow, Hooded Merganser, Canada Geese.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should have headed over to Clark Wright today. But I was out late last night at an anniversary party and felt kind of groggy today. But I had to drive over past Watford to pick up my grand-daughter and I saw some Red-wings along the way. Also heard a Grackle while I was standing on our deck this afternoon but I did not see it.