Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bird List Strathroy CA

The sun was shining at lunch and bird were singing! My list for lunchtime walk:

  • Dark-eyed Junco (about 20)
  • Cardinal (3-5)
  • Brown Creeper
  • Wood Ducks (2)
  • Hairy Woodpecker
  • Downy Woodpecker
  • Chickadees (25 or more)
  • Blue Jay
  • American Crow
  • Canada Goose
  • House Sparrow
  • White-breasted Nuthatch
  •  Mallard
  • Ring-billed Gull
Also saw a red squirrel.

Eastern skunk cabbage, Symplocarpus foetidus

American red squirrel, Tamiasciurus hudsonicus

5 comments:

Dave said...

One of these days I'll join you for lunch-time walk.

Erin said...

OK. I bet we can both show each other something new. Tomorrows look promising weather-wise. It that doesn't work I am up for anytime next week.

Erin said...

Sorry I missed you today.

Dave said...

I had my eyes open for you. Thought you might have been out, but we will do it another time.

Erin said...

I didn't end up walking as I planned. I decided that we needed to get the wood duck box up (since I saw wood duck the other day). I thought I would quickly install and then still have lots of time for a walk. By the time I gathered all the supplies (e.g., post pounder from Clarkwright) my lunch was over.

I am sorry I missed it. You had a very fruitfull walk.

Word is that there is some increassed activity at the lagoons. If the wind dies down a little I will head there today.