Saturday, March 03, 2012

A Dismal walk at Strathroy Wetlands Marsh Walk

My walk was gloomy and cold. Garbage and suspicious looking bones were the theme.

 Is there any reason for someone to cut/saw up bones that I am unaware of?

Garbage ranged from piles of plasic bottles, car seats, and steal drums to large cement storage tanks. It was depressing. I would post some pictures, but I am sure the people reading this blog are not the ones littering/dumping, so no use dwelling on it.

No animals, but some noisy Canada Geese, Mallards, an American Crow and a couple Mourning Doves. There was someone camping by the river - not sure how he weathered last night with all the wind.

A unpleasent surprise for me when I got back to my car. I will assume whoever backed into my car this time, didn`t realize that they seriously dented my rear drivers`side door. The damage isn't worth the $500 deductable I paid last time to have my car fixed, so I guess I'll have to live with it.

Hurry up spring, PLEASE!
Lots of rain last nigh meant much of the Sydenham river was overflowing its banks
Large owl pellet with lots of fur, little bones




Why are these bone all cut up?
More suspiciously cut bones





3 comments:

Blake A. Mann said...

Interesting about the bones.

You never know what will happen when you leave your car! Had my window smashed and binoculars stolen at McKeough a number of years ago. Costly day.

Erin said...

Ya, I came back to a smashed in trunk at the Pinery this year too. Grrr.

I think the bones are just beef ribs, but I always like some mystery.

Anonymous said...

I think they are spare ribs.
WC